“If someone wants to work here, they’ve got to be able
to play! Like, all day!” Connie, age 5
We have a vacancy for a part time, qualified Early Years & Childcare Practitioner, for around 17 hours per week.
Working hours are on shift, between 7.30am and 6.00pm, Monday – Friday, all year round. Applicants should be able to work any shift between these hours, and be available for additional late notice cover.
A minimum of a ‘full and relevant’ Level 2 Childcare Qualification is compulsory.
- Have a passion for working with young children
- Form strong relationships with children and their families
- Provide a safe, welcoming and respectful environment
- Enthuse and encourage children to become confident and independent learners
- Strive to be an excellent role model for young children
- Work well using their own initiative, in a busy and rapidly changing environment
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Be willing to go the extra mile
- Build a solid understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Implement policies and procedures at all times
- Demonstrate organisational skills, as they may be responsible for a group of up to 10 Key children
- Contribute to the planning and implementing of activities, indoors and out
- Have excellent spoken and written English skills
- Have a basic level of ICT knowledge to operate our online Learning Journal system
- Support colleagues by covering additional sessions for holiday leave, training etc.
- Hold a minimum of a ‘Full and Relevant’ Level 2 Childcare Qualification
- Commit to continually improve their practice, by undertaking relevant training and keeping up to date with the many changes in Early Years
In return, we can offer:
- Extensive opportunities for professional development
- FREE training
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid holiday leave of 5.6 weeks pro rata
- A friendly and fun working environment, with on-going supervision and support
- A career that will reward you with pride and happiness
This position will remain open until we find our perfect applicant. Should your application pass our initial assessment, we will contact you to arrange an interview. Ideally we are looking for an immediate start, although this may be negotiable.
If you think you’re perfect for this position, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please CLICK HERE to download an Application Form or pop into the office to collect one.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references (sought during application process to avoid delay). The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation Offenders Act (1974) and subject to ongoing vetting procedures required in line with legislation.