We have a vacancy for an Early Years Practitioner, for around 12 hours per week.
Working hours are initially Monday and Thursday 9.00am-3.00pm, all year round (may reduce over half term periods).
HOWEVER, from September 2019, working hours will be between 9am-5.30pm, 48 weeks per year, subject to shift patterns.
Applicants should also be able to cover additional late notice cover as required, during our opening times (7.30am-6.00pm).
A full and relevant Early Years qualification would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Have a passion for working with young children
- Form strong relationships with children and their families
- Provide a safe, welcoming and respectful environment
- Enthuse and encourage children to become confident and independent learners
- Strive to be an excellent role model for young children
- Work well using their own initiative, in a busy and rapidly changing environment
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Be willing to go the extra mile
- Build a solid understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Be committed to our accreditations, such as The Curiosity Approach, Millie’s Mark etc.
- Implement policies and procedures at all times
- Demonstrate organisational skills, as they may be responsible for a group of up to 10 Key children
- Contribute to the planning and implementing of activities, indoors and out
- Have excellent spoken and written English skills
- Have a basic level of ICT knowledge to operate our online Learning Journal system
- Support colleagues by covering additional sessions for holiday leave, training etc.
- Commit to continually improve their practice, by undertaking relevant training and keeping up to date with the many changes in Early Years
In return, we can offer:
- Extensive opportunities for professional development
- FREE training
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid holiday leave of 5.6 weeks pro rata
- A friendly and fun working environment, with on-going supervision and support
- A career that will reward you with pride and happiness
If you think you’re perfect for this position, then we’d love to hear from you!
This position will remain open until we find our perfect applicant. Ideally we are looking for an immediate start, although this may be negotiable.
Should your application pass our initial assessment, we will contact you to schedule a telephone interview. Should you pass that stage, you will be invited to attend a trial day including formal interview.
APPLY ONLINE NOW
or pop into the office to collect a paper application form.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references (sought during application process to avoid delay). The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation Offenders Act (1974) and subject to ongoing vetting procedures required in line with legislation.