1) REFERENCES - Please supply two references, preferably from your last 2 employers. If you do not have 2 previous employers, then you may provide personal references but they must not be family or close friends.
2) CRIMINAL RECORD - The job for which you are applying involves substantial access to children and is therefore exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. You are therefore required to declare any convictions or cautions you may have, even if they would otherwise be regarded as ‘spent’.
3) ENHANCED DISCLOSURE & BARRING SERVICE (DBS) CHECK - The position is subject to the receipt of a clear Enhanced DBS Check. If an offer of employment is made and you do not receive clearance from such check, we may either withdraw our offer or terminate your employment.
4) DBS UPDATE SERVICE - If you already hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate for the Child Workforce on the Update Service, you can enter your Certificate Number on the application form. In doing so, you confirm that you give Clocktower Childcare Ltd the authority to receive update information (within the meaning of section 116A of the Police Act 1997) in relation to your criminal record Certificate for the purposes of asking an exempted question within the meaning of section 113A of the Police Act 1997; or in relation to your enhanced criminal record Certificate for the purposes of asking an exempted question for a prescribed purpose within the meaning of section 113B of the Police Act 1997.
Please note, should you succeed the interview stage, we would need sight of your original DBS Certificate to confirm; 1. It is Enhanced; 2. It is for the Child Workforce; and 3. The issue date.
4) GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR) – Consent Form for Job Applicants -
We are required to collect and hold data about applicants to enable the company to process job applications. GDPR places an obligation on employers to inform all applicants in detail about why we collect data, what we do with it, and how long we expect to retain it. In order to process your application, we must obtain your informed consent about the data that we may hold about you. We are not planning to transfer your data outside the EEA. We are required to hold personal recruitment and special data (ethnic monitoring data) about you in order to process your employment application. The types of data, reason for holding the data, and duration that the data is stored for, can be found below:
Recruitment Data: Personal information / Previous employers, job roles, salaries / Qualifications and skills obtained / Disclosure & Barring Service certificate information (if applicable).
This data will allow us to make a decision on your suitability for employment. Data obtained during recruitment will only be kept until either; your application has been declined and then destroyed after 6 months, or if an offer of employment is made, transferred to your personnel record.
Ethnic Monitoring Data: Data relating to your racial origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation etc that are classed as protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
We use this data to understand the ethnic make up of our workforce and job applicants, and it allows us to inform our recruitment process if we believe we do not have the correct diversity. Data obtained during recruitment will only be kept until either; your application has been declined and then destroyed after 6 months, or if an offer of employment is made, transferred to your personnel record.
AGREEMENT TO USE YOUR DATA - On selecting 'YES' to the GDPR consent section in the application form, you agree that; "I hereby freely give my prospective employer consent to use and process my personal data relating to my job application. In giving this consent, I:
•Understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR)
•Understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge
•Understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held can be removed from my file and destroyed. In this instance I understand that I must provide details as to why I believe that the data being held is incorrect or being held unlawfully
•Understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application, my data will be destroyed after 6 months."