NEW YEAR 2021!
We will have a vacancy for a temporary Early Years Practitioner, for around 34 hours per week,
to cover maternity leave from January 2021.
Working hours are 9am-5.30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday all year round *
Applicants should also be able to cover additional late notice cover as required.
A full and relevant Early Years qualification would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Have a passion for working with young children
- Form strong relationships with children and their families
- Provide a safe, welcoming and respectful environment
- Enthuse and encourage children to become confident and independent learners
- Strive to be an excellent role model for young children
- Work well using their own initiative, in a busy and rapidly changing environment
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Be willing to go the extra mile
- Build a solid understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Be committed to our accreditations, such as The Curiosity Approach, Millie’s Mark etc.
- Implement policies and procedures at all times
- Demonstrate organisational skills, as they may be responsible for a group of up to 10 Key children
- Contribute to the planning and implementing of activities, indoors and out
- Have excellent spoken and written English skills
- Have a basic level of ICT knowledge to operate our online Learning Journal system
- Support colleagues by covering additional sessions for holiday leave, training etc.
- Commit to continually improve their practice, by undertaking relevant training and keeping up to date with the many changes in Early Years
In return, we can offer:
- Extensive opportunities for professional development
- FREE training
- A competitive hourly rate
- Paid holiday leave of 5.6 weeks pro rata
- A friendly and fun working environment, with on-going supervision and support
- A career that will reward you with pride and happiness
Don’t just take our word for it…
“I can let out my inner child and just play! We laugh, have fun, and every day is different.” Laura
“I’m now nearly qualified and have found the support throughout amazing!” Rae
“It’s like an extension of home - we support each other no matter what the day throws at us.” Becky
“Management will always find a course you can attend to further your professional development.” Sandra
“Clocktower turns into a group of friends, not just colleagues.” Tayla
If you think you’re perfect for this position, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please CLICK HERE to apply online or pop into the office to collect a paper application form.
This position will remain open until we find our perfect applicant.
The role will commence from January, but ideally we will hold the induction and some training days before Christmas.
Should your application pass our initial assessment, we will contact you to schedule a telephone interview. Should you pass that stage, you will be invited to attend a trial day including formal interview.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references (sought during application process to avoid delay). The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation Offenders Act (1974) and subject to ongoing vetting procedures required in line with legislation.
* Closed bank holidays, Christmas shutdown, and various other days for training / shutdowns.